Resolving Sound Issues (iPhone or iPad)
If the person you are calling complains about what they see and/or hear from you, go through these troubleshooting steps.
If you are unable to hear their audio, ask them to go through these troubleshooting steps at their end.
- To check the speakers, go to Settings > Sounds and drag the Ringer And Alerts slider to turn the volume up. You should hear the ring tone clearly.
- To check the microphone, use the iPhone or iPad's standard Voice Memos app. Open the Voice Memos app or ask Siri to open it and speak into the microphone. Then play back the recording. You should hear your voice clearly.
- To check the camera, quickly swipe up from any screen (except the home screen) and tap the camera button. Select Video and the Front Camera. You should see your self-image.
Checking the App's Settings
When you first join a videoconference, ensure that the app is using the correct settings.
- If you are using a headset, you should see in the bottom left of the video.
- If you are not using a headset, you should see in the bottom left of the video.
- To switch between headset and speaker, tap the icon.
- Ensure that the microphone is on and not set to mute.
- If you are using a headset, ensure that it is properly plugged into the headset jack. If you are not using a headset, ensure that nothing is plugged into the headset jack.
- When using your device, make sure you do not block the microphone with your fingers or other object.
- If you are using a screen protector or case that covers the microphone, remove it.
- Clear any debris from the microphone
If you cannot hear other participants, the issue might be your speakers.
Check your device's volume controls:
- Ensure the sound is not muted.
- Adjust the volume if it is set too low.