Starting Your eVisit with a Mac
Your email invitation contains the link you need to join the videoconference. The person who sent you the invitation email might have also given you a Personal Identification Number (PIN) for privacy and security reasons. When you log in, you need to provide your name.
Your email invitation has the subject "Video eVisit Invitation - Event ID", from sender "firstname.lastname@example.org".
Note: The “permissions” pop-ups are different, depending on which browser you use.
- Open your email invitation and click the Start eVisit link. An OTN Log In screen appears.
- Type your name in the Your Name field and then click Connect. A Select your camera and microphone panel appears with your default devices selected.
- Leave the default devices selected or change as desired and then click Start.
- If the organiser set a PIN, a PIN dialog box appears.
- If there is no PIN required, skip to step #5.
- If a PIN is required, type the PIN given to you by the videoconference organizer and then click Connect.
- When connected, a video panel appears within your browser window.
- If you are the first participant to enter the conference, you will see a “Waiting for the host...” image in the large video image and your self-view at the top right.
- Your camera automatically turns on when you connect.
- If the other participant has already joined, you will see both your self-view and the other person.
- To end the conference:
- Move your mouse over the video image to show the control bar and then click the End Call () button.
- Click Disconnect in the confirmation pop-up.
- Close the browser window.
If you see a red lock icon () in the top left banner, the videoconference is ‘locked’. Contact the event organizer (host) and ask them to ‘unlock’ the event.
- If you have not disconnected, you will automatically join the conference after the host unlocks it.
- If you have disconnected, you can try reconnecting after the host has unlocked the conference. (See Reconnecting to a Videoconference below.)
If you get disconnected from the videoconference, you can reconnect and join the videoconference the same way that you originally joined.
- Close the browser window/tab that showed the videoconference.
- Follow the instructions described in Starting Your eVisit above.
If you do not first close the browser window/tab before trying to reconnect, a “Select your role” pop-up will appear during the reconnect process. Leave the default “Guest” selected and click Connect.