Checking Your Wi-Fi on an Android Device
- Tap Settings > Wi-Fi, look for your network in the list and make sure Wi-Fi is turned on.
- If you are not connected, tap the name of your Wi-Fi network to join and if prompted, enter the password for your Wi-Fi network.
- While connected, check the signal strength indicator for your network. You want to see a strong connection. A network's signal strength appears as a pie-shaped graphic next to its name
- A solid dark-coloured graphic ( ) indicates a strong network connection.
- A mixed graphic ( ) indicates a weak connection.
- A light-coloured graphic ( ) indicates no signal.
- If there is no signal, check your router (or ask your IT/Network Administrator to check).
- Make sure your router is on and that you are within range. If you are too far from your router you will not get a signal, so make sure you are within range