Starting Your eVisit with an Android Device
Your email invitation has the subject "Video eVisit Invitation - Event ID", from sender "email@example.com".
- Open your email invitation and tap the Start eVisit link. A Welcome screen appears. Tap the Open my eVisit event button.
- A Pexip Infinity Connect screen appears briefly, followed by a “You’re invited to” video screen with your self-view and three options.
Note: The Name displayed to other participants is set when you installed and set up the app. If you want to change the display name, see Changing your Display Name.
- To join, tap the Video option ().
- If the organiser set a PIN, a PIN dialog box appears
- If there is no PIN required, skip to step #5.
- If a PIN is required, type the PIN given to you by the videoconference organizer and then tap Join.
- When connected, a video screen appears.
- If you are the first participant to enter the conference, you will see a “Waiting for the host...” image in the large panel and your self-view at the top right.
- Your camera automatically turns on when you connect.
- After the host joins, you will be connected and see both them and your self-view.
- To end the conference:
- Tap anywhere in the video image to show the control bar and then click the End Call () button.
- Click Disconnect in the confirmation pop-up.
- Tap the Android's Home button to exit the app.
If you start your videoconference but the Waiting for the host... screen continues to appear, it could be because the host has locked the conference. Contact the event host and ask them to unlock the videoconference.
If you get disconnected from the videoconference, you can reconnect and join the videoconference without needing to provide your name again or give permission for the app to use the camera and microphone.
- Return to your email invitation and tap the Start eVisit link. A “You’re invited to” video screen appears with your self-view and three options.
- Tap the Video option (). If no PIN is required, skip to step #4.
- If a PIN is required, a PIN dialog box appears. Type the PIN given to you by the videoconference organizer and then tap Join.
- When connected, a video image appears and if other participants are still connected, you will see both them and your self-view.